After registering for endless Silicon India events and attending none,I ensured to attend Startup City,2011 today.A small account of the event is as follows:
- The address of the venue was incomplete and insufficient.Without any landmarks pointed out.Also,when I called them up asking for directions, but they still could not help me out with it.
- We were requested to reach at 8.30 am for easy registration process. Reached them on time.There was nothing like registration process.Absolutely.
- At 8.30 am,the auditorium had no Air Conditioning on.Tens of audience were left to get roasted in the auditorium till 9.15 am
- However,from 9.00 am to 9.30 am, there was an exhibition of a few startups. This was a good experience. myCloudKey.com and LA Technologies were the most interesting stalls. Also,communicating with these startups,I could actually take away a lot of implicit knowledge from them about their domains and also starting up in general.
- The session started at around 10.From 9.30 to 10.00,I was seated in the auditorium.The two gentlemen sitting to my either sides were both entrepreneurs with brilliant startups. Qwerty Labs and Sky kay Paar .
- They introduced me to their ventures.Both are amazing. Then I pitched a very crude idea with them.That led us to a very interesting discussion.I understood why we always need a team to start up.Ideas multiply and clarify.
- The keynote address by Mr.Mahesh Murthy of Pinstorm was amazing. Firstly,he is a brilliant and clear speaker.I was stumped. Next his entrepreneurial journey is totally interesting.If I find the transcripts of his talks somewhere,I shall upload the same.
- This was followed by a Panel discussion on “Milestones to Startups”. It was strictly average.The panel were not able to connect with the audience and hence there was this info gap.
- Soon,the next sessions by a few VCs started and it began to give a picture of how the rest of the day would be very gloomy.I decided to leave mid-way.
- Conclusion: Avoid attending Silicon India events unless the speakers and the Agenda is brilliant and the venue is even slightly corporate.
- Also,all the PPTs shared will be provided by Silicon India by Monday.So watch this space for the same.