I have had the opportunity to interact with a lot of senior managers and senior HR Personnel (recruitment decision makers and panelists). Also, my collective learning from my colleagues and peers who have been panelists at various recruitment drives and their interactions with the decision makers have helped me understand a few things about recruitment of fresh graduates (both Tech and Management). Let me summarize them as:
- Core skills and logical skills matter a lot more over exam scores
- Ability of person to adjust to learn and hone core skills, matter the most
- Cultural fit of the candidate with the organization
- Adaptability and scalability of the candidate
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Whether the candidate has a good idea of how he can learn,unlearn and relearn to bring value to the organization
- Whether he/she has done the diligence about the organization, the industry and the job description
Keep these in mind to prepare for your interviews and interviews shall become learning experiences in themselves.
*As and when I recall more, I shall add them as comments. You are also requested to do the same.