Okay,I did a smiliar piece for 2010.I love doing lists.I love collecting memories,dont I?! So,2011 might not have been a year of Bollywood blockbusters.But music was grand.From good movies and average.A small list to register the same!
- Soundtrack – I have heard the movie too,is good.But music – There is rock,there is trance,there is classical,there is remix! More than just the variety in genre,the music possesses you.The lyrics connect with the conscience.Direct!
- Shaitan – Firstly,whattay movie! And secondly,they didnt make the movie and music separately! They entagled the two beautifully.Tracks like ‘Shaitan theme’ are cool ,yet sensible. ‘Fareeda’ is an absolute masterpiece. I reach a different level of nothingness when I listen to that track.Puts right in your face,what you actually are! ‘Pintya’ – enhanced folk music! Superb! ‘Khoya Khoya Chand (Remix)’ was outstaning.
- Rockstar – This album is a natural entrant to this list. AR Rehman has outdone himself.Also,Mohit Chauhan.Versatile is the word for him.Some really beautiful tracks.’Dichotomy of Fame’ is a brilliant music fusion.Shehnai in it is just great.’ ‘Tango for Taj ‘ is a great compose. ‘Katiya Karoon’ just lifts you off your seat and puts you into some dance mood! ‘Hawa Hawa’ is such a brilliant way of telling a story.Also,awesome music.The way ‘Sheher Mein’ is composed is sheer creative genius.Offcourse,brilliant lyrics all around.
- Delhi Belly – ‘New India’s Different Music’. This is what I would term this album.Creative Brilliance nevertheless.Makes you smirk.Every song!
- Mere Brother Ki Dulhan – From the sufi ‘Ishq Risk’ to the rocking ‘Dhunki’ to the cool ‘Choomantar’ and peppy ‘Madhubala’ and ‘Do Dhaari Talwar’,this has been a great album.
- 7 Khoon Maaf – Again,every song a gem.’Daarling’ was superb.So was ‘Bekaraan’.’O Mama’ is another song that pushes me into the Nothingness zone.
- Shor in the City – Brave movie and complementing good music.Saibo has to be the romantic song of the year.Loved the way Tochi Raina called Karma,a total bitch! ‘Deem Deem tana’ is special.Well composed.
- Matargashtiya – Chalo Dilli.
- Saj Dhaj Ke, Rabba Main Toh Mar Gaya,Mallo Malli – Mausam
- Love Breakups Zindagi – ‘Rozaana’, ‘Rab Rakha’ and ‘Chhayi Hai Tanhaayi’.You would want to wake up to Rozaana,daily. Sweet album altogether.
- ‘Bhare Naina’ – Ra.One – What a brilliant track.Classic! This song just grew on me.
- ‘Subha Hone Na De’ and ‘Tu Mera Hero’ are two very sweet tracks from Desi Boyz.
- Ladies v/s Ricky Bahl – Nice,happening album to end the year with.Full foot tapping tracks.
This is as far as my list goes.I might have missed a few obvious ones.Please be kind enough to remind me of the same.